Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

An Act of Kindness

Technically the topic for the link up with Miss Monica (I Heart Grade 3) for this week has to do with a random act of kindness.  However, I decided to use this opportunity to brag on and give thanks for my former students, parents, and colleagues at Christ Lutheran School and their kindness toward me, even if it wasn't random.  I taught there for the past 5 years.  However, because my husband relocated, I had to leave my wonderful school.
At our end of the year awards night, I received some wonderful surprises.  The first one was a "Giving Tree."  Many of the parents of my former and current students, as well as some of my fellow teachers had gotten me gift cards and put them on a tree.

I also got a plaque for my five years and a music note coat rack in thanks for playing the piano.


The best gift I got was the one that, of course, cost no money, but did take time.  (I still can't believe they got my students to do it without my knowledge!)  Every student in the school wrote me a short note on a heart.  They collected them together and put them in a container.  I read them all when I got home and admit that I cried like a baby.  (For the second time, since I also cried during the awards night.)

I am excited to be starting at a new school this year.  However, I am going to greatly miss the students, parents, and faculty that made teaching at my former school so rewarding.

On another note, the Teachers Pay Teachers Back to School sale starts today!  Everything in my store is 20% off today and tomorrow.  Plus, if you use the code BTS15, you receive an additional discount.  Click on the picture below to get to my store!


Check out the link-up!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline!

    Those are definitely acts of kindness that you should brag about! How wonderful to be acknowledged by students, parents and co-workers - it speaks VOLUMES about you!

    Monica

    www.iheartgrade3.com
    www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/I-Heart-Grade-3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What special gifts! The tree is an excellent idea! I always think that a plant a beautiful gift as with care and nurturing it can stand the test of time. The little box of notes is also something that will always bring back those special memories about your school and students.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Margaux
    Learning with Sunflower Smiles

    ReplyDelete