Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

My Back to School Prep

Once again, I am linking up with Miss Monica over at I Heart Grade 3.  This summer link-up has been great because it has kept me blogging weekly!  The topic this week is "My Back to School Prep."  Well, as we started school last Tuesday, I am already in full-on school mode.  My prep time is over!  However, I can talk a little about what I did.
This year I changed schools and grade levels.  The room I moved into was full of stuff!  (I still don't have all of my own things in the classroom yet, as there is no room for it!)  The room was pretty well set-up already, but I did move some things around and change some set-up.  Here is what my classroom looks like.  (Remember, I teach three and four year old preschool.)



I still have blank space available for displaying student work.  I also don't like to clutter the walls with lots of things.  I don't want to send students into sensory overload.  I see too many classrooms in which I think the teacher is trying to do too much.  I don't want to minimize all of the work they put into their classroom, but rooms that are too busy with too much stuff can be too stimulating for many students.
Of course, as I teach preschool, I also spent a lot of time planning themes for the year and doing some preliminary lesson planning.  I am very fortunate that I have a great assistant who labelled a lot of student items for me so I did't have to do it!  This really lets me focus on curriculum, which is one of my favorite parts of teaching.  (That is right.  I am one of those strange teachers that actually likes lesson planning!)
I hope your classrooms are ready to go (or almost ready) for the new school year!

Check out the link-up to find other great bloggers!


No comments:

Post a Comment