Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Favorite Websites

It's another Monday, which means it's time for another link-up with Miss Monica from I Heart Grade 3.  This week's topic is favorite websites.  Boy, do I have a lot of those.  So, here are a few that I either have used in my classroom in the past or use to plan for my class.

1) GoNoodle - If you are not using GoNoodle yet, you really should be.  It has great brain breaks, as well as activities for indoor recess and exercise.  My students love it and beg to use it over and over.  The best part?  It is free!  Sure there are features you can pay for, but I have never met anyone who has paid for use.  There are no ads, and you can add your own favorite brain breaks from YouTube.  Plus, you class gets to pick a monster that grows with their progress.

2) Starfall - Starfall is great for Kindergarten to grade 2, although parts of it could also be used in Pre-K.  Starfall has sequential basic phonics skills, games, videos, and books.  Plus, it is very interactive whiteboard friendly.  This was my go-to when I had a few extra minutes to fill.  My first and second graders loved it and learned at the same time.

3) Pre-K Pages - This is a great website for preschool and Kindergarten teachers.  It has lots of ideas for centers, sensory play, and art projects perfect for our little ones!  I also follow them on Facebook.

4) Teachers Pay Teachers - While this may sound like self-promotion, I really do love TpT!  I am almost always able to find the resource that I need for either free or at least a lot less than I would spend at the store.

Check out the link-up to find other teachers' favorite websites!


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to check out your favorite websites! Where have I been??? I have not encountered any of them (except for TpT). From what you have written, these sites would be perfect for my daughter for the next few years!

    Thanks
    Margaux
    Learning with Sunflower Smiles

    ReplyDelete