Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

My Guilty Pleasure

It's Monday, which means it is link-up day!  School starts tomorrow, so this last real day of summer is a good day to talk about a guilty pleasure.
First of all, let me say that I love to read.  I probably love to read more than do almost anything else.  However, with that being said, my guilty pleasure is binge TV watching.  I don't do it that often, but, every once in awhile, I do.  When I was in college, my roommates and I watched 13 hours straight of a Fresh Prince marathon on TV.  (I haven't done anything quite that extensive since.)  However, there was a Partridge Family marathon on yesterday.  While I broke up my watching with some work, I still saw a fair number of episodes.  I have also been guilty of binge watching Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, and Gilmore Girls, among others.
While it does not really fall in the binge watching category, the day before school starts (today!) I always veg out on the couch and watch teacher movies al day.  I don't allow myself to do any school work.  Some of the movies are more serious and inspirational, while others are just funny.  This year's line-up includes Stand and Deliver (my favorite), School of Rock, and October Sky (which I have never seen).  I may have time for another movie as well, but I haven't decided what it will be yet.  I use it as my day to recharge and relax before tackling the school year head on.  (And, no, I don't let myself cut, plan, or prep anything for school.  I just watch movies and eat junk food.)

What is your guilty pleasure?  Do you have any traditions before school starts of your own?

Check out the link-up to find other great bloggers!


No comments:

Post a Comment