Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

My Bucket List

School started two weeks ago and tomorrow is the first day of September.  That means summer is officially over.  So, it is time for my last summer link-up with Miss Monica over at I Heart Grade 3.  I want to start with a big thank you to her for hosting this weekly fun.  I have been able to read and be inspired by a lot of amazing bloggers, and it has gotten my own blogging back in shape.  I am going to have to become disciplined myself without any help!
This final week's topic is "The Top 3 Items on my Bucket List."  The top two items on my list were easy, but my bucket list is so long, I had a hard time deciding what should be number three.  However, as this is a teaching blog, I think you will figure out why I picked what I did for that spot.

1) Visit every continent.
I live in North America, and have already traveled to Europe, Asia, and Africa.  I still have South America and Australia to go.  While I would also love to visit Antarctica, travel there is WAY beyond my teacher salary, so I will survive if I don't make it before I die.  However, if the opportunity arose, you bet I would take it!

2) Visit every state.
My family took family vacations very seriously, so I was well traveled growing up.  I have visited many of the US states, but not all.  Without looking at a map and counting carefully, I can't tell you exactly how many states I have left to visit, but it is not a whole lot.  (Most of them are out west.)  I have our vacation destinations planned through 2020, and we will hit a few more in that time (although Europe takes up 2 different summers).

3) Earn my doctorate in Education.
My family has always valued education.  My uncle has a Ph.D.  Another uncle has his M.Div.  My father has a Masters (plus 30 extra credit hours).  My mom has an MA, JD, and LLM (which is a post-JD degree).  I have an MS in Early Childhood Education, but I want more.  I love to learn, and I have a hard time imagining stopping there.  Plus, I like the idea of being able to teach at a collegiate level and helping to shape the future of education.  I have had to push off plans to begin my doctorate for a couple of year now due to various circumstances, but I hope to be able to start in the not too distant future (next school year, prehaps?).  I want to study reading and literacy, which are passions of mine.

What are some items on your bucket list?

Check out the link-up!


No comments:

Post a Comment