Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Thinking About the School Year

This past week I spent some time printing off my writing journals for my students and assembling the first part of them for my students.  (You find find out more about them here: Primary Writing.)  As I looked at some of the journal prompts for the beginning of the year, it made me start thinking about journalling myself.  So, for the next few posts, I will be completing some of the journal prompts I will have my students do at the beginning of the year.

What are you most excited about this year?

I am excited to meet and get to know my new students.  I am excited to learn about my incoming first graders and getting to know my returning second graders better.  I am excited to see the moments of recognition when a student "gets it."  I am excited to learn more myself through reading, conferences, and my students.  
But most of all, I am excited to teach about Jesus and his love and forgiveness.  That is the best part of being a Lutheran school teacher.


What are you excited about this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment