Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

My Obsession

Today I am going to finish up my short series of journal prompts.  I have already talked about my excitement for the new school year, as well as what makes me nervous.  Today, let's move to a topic that doesn't really have anything to do with school.

What is something everyone should know about you?

I absolutely love books.  I read as much as I possibly can.  All of the book lover memes you find on Facebook describe me.  I admit, I mostly read YA literature.  Besides the fact that buying books at the book fair supports my school, I think many authors actually write better for young adults.  Many of the best selling books lately have been in the child and young adult sections of the bookstore: Divergent, the Hunger Games, The Fault in Our Stars, The Heroes of Olympus series, Harry Potter, etc. 
I love books that deal with fantasy and mythology.  I love new takes on fairy tales.   I also like spy novels, mysteries, and the dystopian trend.  I get invested in the characters and cry or get frustrated with them.  I don't like putting books down and have stayed up way too late many nights because of "one last chapter" syndrome. 
I have a library card that I use as well as an addiction to Amazon.  The best gift you can give me is a gift card to a bookstore.  I don't understand people who don't read.  I feel as if they  are missing out on one of the most vital parts of life.  I never feel as though I have enough time to read.  My favorite part of the summer is getting a good start on my reading list.  My favorite part of the school year is helping my students develop a love of reading as well. 

What is something we should know about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment