Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Back to School Movies

I am fortunate in that I don't need to actually be in school the day before school starts.  As long as my classroom is ready (and it is), I can stay home and enjoy my last day of summer.  So, I started my own day-before-school tradition.  I spend almost the whole day on the couch watching teacher/school movies.  I don't let myself do any school work or work around the house, either.  I just enjoy the day.

This year I am going to watch a couple of movies I haven't seen before, as well as some favorites.  Here is my list this year:
Won't Back Down (I haven't seen this yet and am excited about it.)
Dead Poets Society (No, this is not because Robin Williams died.  I haven't seen it yet and that seemed like sacrilege, so I decided to do it.)
Stand and Deliver (This is one of my favorites!)
Good Will Hunting (I have also never seen it, but we do own it.  Not a traditional school movie, but still inspirational and yet another Robin Williams flick.)
And, if I have time:
Lean on Me (Another favorite)

It's a long list, but I have so many movies I had to leave out (Chalk, Freedom Writers, Mr. Holland's Opus, To Sir, With Love, etc.)  I'll get to what I get to, I suppose.  I try to rotate from year to year.

What are some of your favorite "back to school" movies?  Let me know in the comments.  Maybe I'll discover a new one to try next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment