Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

My Favorite Picture

It's time for another link-up!  This post will be short as I have had a crazy weekend at the International Literacy Association conference (more about that later.)
My favorite picture is a painting painted for me by my friend Karen Duke.  It is a painting of Ebenezer, a devotional spot at the camp where we both worked (and where I attended as a camper and also met my husband).  This might be my favorite place in the whole world.  Because of that and the fact that my friend lovingly painted it for me, it is my favorite picture.


Check out the link-up to find other bloggers!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome post, as always, Caroline! I love how you decided on a painting! It adds a whole new dimension to the linky!

    My in-laws gave my husband and I a painting when we got married. They picked it because the artist had painted a field in Quebec that had lupins growing in it. Quebec is where my husband is from and where we are raising our family and lupins are the provincial flower of Prince Edward Island (where I am from). It hangs in our bedroom and is a constant reminder of our wedding.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, What a great picture. I didn't even think about a painting as a picture! My grandma painted 'Bob Ross' style for a while before she passed. Wish I had one of her paintings to hang in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a special painting holding many memories! There is nothing better. By the looks of the comments, we could probably do this post again and still have favorite pictures to add :)

    Margaux
    Learning with Sunflower Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post! I love that looking at one picture brings back so many memories for you.
    Kim
    Learning, Laughter, and Love

    ReplyDelete