Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

One Item that Means the World to Me

Once again, I am linking up with Miss Monica over at I Heart Grade 3!  This week the topic focuses on an item that means the world to me.
Well, once again, I can't pick just one thing.  However, I will pick a collection of objects that I don't know if I could live without... my books.  I love to read.  I developed a love a reading from my parents.  When I was a kid, you could only check out 20 books from the public library.  We went to the library every two weeks.  I often read all 20 books in only a couple of days (especially during the summer).  Fortunately, we had a very large library of our own at home, so I was never without reading material.  I also learned to reread books I love.  There are books I have read so many times (such as the Chronicles of Narnia), that I can practically recite the entire book from memory.  Even now, I often feel that I single-handedly have made our school book fair profitable.  I save money knowing that the book fair is coming and that I will be buying books.
When people come to our house, they often say that we have a lot of books.  I suppose that is true, but, for all of the books we have on shelves, we have boxes and boxes of books in storage that we simply do not have shelf space for.
A love of reading is something I try to pass on to my students.  We routinely talk about favorite books and authors.  I make sure my students know where to find favorites in both the classroom and school library.  I give my students lots of opportunities to read.  When we read, we get to explore worlds that we would never be able to visit otherwise.  I think this meme explains my life pretty well.

Photo Credit: Grammarly




Check out the link-up to find some other fabulous bloggers!


3 comments:

  1. My books are one of my favourite possessions, too. The ones that have a significant meaning to me are proudly displayed on the bookcase in my room and I often re-read them throughout the year.

    Thanks for linking up! It's been great reading your blog each week!

    Monica

    www.iheartgrade3.com

    www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/I-Heart-Grade-3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My books and ebooks are one of the best thinhings that I ever had. I would read every now and then. Have a great day!!!

    Jasmine H.
    The Social Media Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading too. You might not be able to have too many books, but you can run out of places to keep them. That's the problem at our house anyway. Hopefully, my kids will learn to love reading too.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete